According to the American Pregnancy Association, these alternatives to perfumes may be easier to tolerate:
- Try not to wear or be around any heavy smells until you figure out what you can tolerate.
- Try a lightly scented body spray or lotion instead of perfume.
- Look for scents such as peppermint, ginger and cardamom, which can help combat nausea.
- Citrus scents, such as mandarin, neroli and sweet orange, also may help reduce nausea.
- Other softer smells to try include lavender, chamomile or rose.